Sunday, January 13, 2013

Self Portraits

This week for our conceptual photography class, we were to create 3 self portraits that we could use for our "about me" section on our website. This was a bit of a struggle for me, since I really do not like being in front of the camera and find self portraiture sort of strange.  I don't mind being behind the camera, but I just kind of freeze up in front of it. Also, I am so used to shooting food right now, trying to shoot a person (even me) was getting me out of my comfort zone.  I think getting out of your comfort zone is necessary though from time to time and I did get to play with some lens flare.  I have posted below some of my choices for the self portraits.

In other news, I have completed 4 shoots in the last two weeks for red, the first color in our colors assignment which is quarter long.  We will have 4 shots for 5 colors throughout the quarter.  I am trying to keep up with those shots, my editing and (oh my other 4 classes) and also keep blogging but shooting a recipe for the blog hasn't happened yet.  By this upcoming weekend I will be posting my red assignments, which is what I have been working on the last two weeks, so perhaps this weekend I can do a shoot for the blog! Yippee! I can't believe how busy we already are and it's only been a week and a half.





My favorite of course is the last one, iPhone photo, but I don't think I can turn that in. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment