Sunday, August 18, 2013

Basil Mojitos & Lamb with Salmoriglio

I had been wanting to do a shoot and use my sister's grill for a while, because I felt like I was missing some more savory dishes, and meat as well, in my portfolio, so we set up a date (much like the dinner party shoot) and I got to work.  Originally I wanted to shoot a grilled beet salad too but I was loosing steam.  I also feel like I had a bit of a mojito image failure... Lately I have been wanting to keep shooting, and keep up the momentum of shooting that we had in school, but at the same time, it's been such a beautiful summer here in Seattle, that all I have been wanting to go outside, and stay there as much as possible. It has been the nicest summer here in years, with few rainy days.

I had a trip to beautiful Whidbey Island today to visit friends, and next weekend I will be going to be traveling to visit my family near Harstine Island, and see my little niece and brother and sister in-law for my dad's birthday.  I couldn't be more excited! And the following weekend I will be going to Portland for a day or two.  Nothing seems nicer when the weather is nice around here than to get outside or go on a little day trip.  The only things left (for the last month of summer) for me to do are go camping and catch an outdoor movie, and maybe some canoeing or kayaking...

I have been doing yoga in the park, hosted by Samarya Center on the weekends, running, swimming, seeing concerts at the amphitheater, hiking, cooking, visiting.  Oh, and shooting and working or shooting as work (My second magazine shoot will be out this week!, with a 3rd to come out in October). Woohoo!! Friends who have moved away have been in town, and I have gotten time to visit with near and dear old friends.  It just really seems has seemed like a time to reconnect with people and get back into the normal flow of it all.  Which I have really needed to do after school finished.  I think I can say after 2 months, I finally feel normal again. :)

Anyway, back to the post...

Here are the recipes and photos!  I have to say the lamb and salmorirlio sauce tasted great, and what could be more refreshing than a basil mojito during summer? For non-alcoholic, like I had, simply omit the rum.

Enjoy! 

Basil Mojitos from Sunset Magazine

Grilled Lamb with Salmoriglio











No comments:

Post a Comment