Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chicken & Leeks

I am 3/4 of the way done with my quarter long advertising campaign, with my final two shots to be done this Saturday.  Yippee!!   Here is what I shot for last week, which is going with the continued theme of creating meals on a budget from the University District Farmer's Market, a part of the Neighborhood Farmer's Market Alliance.  All of my images will be created for the NFMA, in conjunction with my class.  I will have a 8 total images at the end, with 4 being ingredient shots, and 4 being the prepared meals.

I used this recipe from Real Simple which I had made in the past and was really delicious, roasted apples and leeks with drumsticks.  Very easy, and also pretty budget conscious, a nice wintery meal.  Scroll below for the recipe.



Ingredients

  • 4  small  crisp apples (such as Empire or Braeburn), quartered
  • leeks (white and light green parts), halved crosswise and lengthwise
  • 6  small  sprigs fresh rosemary
  • 2  tablespoons  olive oil
  • Kosher salt and black pepper
  • small chicken thighs and drumsticks (4 of each, about 2 1/2 pounds total)

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 400° F. In a large roasting pan, toss the apples, leeks, rosemary, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
  2. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and nestle, skin-side up, among the vegetables.
  3. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the apples and leeks are tender, 40 to 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment