Wednesday, February 6, 2013

White!

It's been forever or so it seems since I have posted.  Life is moving at the speed of light it feels this quarter, and every day I am either working, editing, shooting, shot planning, cooking for a shoot, researching images,  you get the picture.  I do always give myself at least Friday and Saturday nights free, since I have to have a few free evenings.

So a few days ago, I was thinking it really is time to write a blog post, and it was going to be on a beet & squash salad I did a week or so back for the non-profit ad campaign I am working on this quarter.  I went over to my bag and opened up my hard drive carrying case, and my hard drive toppled out and hit the concrete floor.  I plugged in the hard drive, and sadly it just beeped over and over again, sounding like a skipping record.  So, I'm sure you can understand no blog post. I thought it was probably a good sign to just go to bed. 

I had last backed up a week earlier, so I just lost 4 shoots from the previous week.  Two were good ones I wanted the files for, and two were so so, but lesson learned.  Backup after every shoot! This was a good lesson to learn now, and thank god I had everything up until the past week.  I was very sad to have lost the rainbow trout shot from below.  I really liked that shoot, and was looking forward to viewing the photos, but it gives me an opportunity to re-shoot, later for hopefully even better results. 

Ok, on to white.  The pictures I am posting were from our colors assignments, for the color white.  I always try to experiment with lighting, so it varies from a large & small octabank, and day light below.

Til next time!

Amy





No comments:

Post a Comment