Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Candied Walnuts and Coconut Caramel Corn

I always love it when I work with my lovely friends over at Pie Drunk.  While Allison and Liz are good friends of mine which it make it fun, they are also a bit better cooks than I am.  Sometimes on days like the one a few weekends ago, it is more relaxed for me when someone else does the cooking and I can focus on the photography and styling.  Typically this is how it is on a studio shoot, with a food stylist, and the photographer working in conjunction to make a really wonderful photo.

These two recipes are fun, don't take too long, and OMG so delicious. Allison made the candied walnuts, and can be made in about 30 minutes.  This is delicious as a snack, or to top on a salad.  Feel free to add some of your favorite herbs to this recipe, like some Rosemary, Lavender, or Thyme.   Here is a link to the recipe she used Dawn's Candied Walnuts.

Liz made the "crack"  coconut almond caramel corn which takes about an hour.  Here is the link for this recipe Coconut Almond Caramel Corn.  As with the previous recipe, feel free to add some fresh herb of your liking. Both are wonderful to make and give as gifts. You can package some up canning jars, which you can find at your local supermarket, and tie off with a little twine.  And a cute little gift you have! 

In other news, I am dying to show the new cover I shot for Sip Northwest which should be out any day now.  I love working with these ladies.  Always so much fun.  I also am very much looking forward to getting out of town soon with some of my favorite people and heading to Missoula, Montana.  Of course I am excited about taking photos out there and just having a much needed change of scenery.  Woohooo! Maybe driving out to some hot springs, going on a hike, or just watching a movie.  I definitely have a travel bug, and it's been too long since my last vacation, in September! ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment