Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Day Trip

Last weekend I took a trip with some girlfriends up to  Suyematsu & Bentryn Family Farms on Bainbridge Island. This is one of my favorite things to do during Fall in Seattle.  I love Fall and Halloween, and all the things that go along with it... pumpkin patches, corn mazes, scary movies, soups, sweaters... slowing down. Most importantly lately to me, slowing down.

I have been so busy over this last month, I went to Phoenix to visit my niece, sister in-law and brother a few weeks ago.  I was getting over a cold, and sick the whole time, so I didn't take my camera out, but we did have a good time, and I was able to spend time in 105 degree weather before coming back to the rain and cold.  And I felt lucky to spend some time with my 18 month old niece...and just really got to appreciate my family.

I got back and immediately started freelancing 40 hours a week the last few weeks doing styling assisting, which has been great and very new at the same time. I am learning so much.  I also shot another magazine shoot, prior to my trip, and shot for the NFMA's annual benefit this last weekend. I worked with them for my Non Profit Advertising campaign for school last year, and they were so gracious and helpful, I wanted to return the favor.  Check them out here http://www.seattlefarmersmarkets.org. I will post both of those soon.  I was thrilled to be asked to shoot it, and was thankful to be able to ask my friend Rolan Wong to shoot with me there, since I don't think my specialty is in people shooting. :)  

Back to slowing down. I am definitely trying to make an effort these days to slow down. Now that it's gray here in Seattle again, and cold, I don't feel guilty for not being outside every second, enjoying every last drop of sunshine.  Back to staying in bed until 10am on the weekends, curling up with some coffee, a book or magazine, just being leisurely, with no hurry to be anywhere.

Enjoy the pictures!












No comments:

Post a Comment